- Who is eligible for Account Updater?
- Which cards are eligible for Account Updater?
- What are the costs?
- How do I enable this feature?
- Which of my cards will be updated?
- What do I need to do once I turn Account Updater on?
- How do I know when my cards are updated?
- Do I receive a callback when a card is updated?
- Can I leave the Account Updater program?
Who is eligible for Account Updater?
Which cards are eligible for Account Updater?
What are the costs?
How do I enable this feature?
Which of my cards will be updated?
Merchants should only submit cards that they are willing to update. Cards that were marked "Card bank not in program" in prior runs might be updated on future runs based on program expansion and issuer participation.
What do I need to do once I turn Account Updater on?
How do I know when my cards are updated?
- ReplacePaymentMethod - The number and/or expiration date has been updated.
- InvalidReplacePaymentMethod - We received either a new card number or expiration date that was invalid. The payment method was not updated, but a fee is still created since our service provider still charges us in this scenario. No changes are made to the payment method.
- ContactCardHolder - Contact the cardholder for a new number and/or expiration date. This status is a flag, so no changes are made to the payment method.
- ClosePaymentMethod - The account is no longer open and should no longer be used. The payment method will remain available, but Spreedly’s Account Updater will no longer attempt to update it.
Do I receive a callback when a card is updated?
Callbacks are available for pre-paid Account Updater accounts only. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For technical details on callbacks, visit our Account Updater technical guide.