Spreedly’s Account Updater allows you to always keep your customers’ card details up-to-date. When your customers’ credit card numbers expire or are updated, Account Updater protects you from the lost revenue, involuntary churn and decreased customer satisfaction associated with outdated payment information.
- Who is eligible for Account Updater?
- What are the costs?
- How do I enable this feature?
- Which of my cards will be updated?
- What do I need to do once I turn Account Updater on?
- How do I know when my cards are updated?
- Can I leave the Account Updater program?
Who is eligible for Account Updater?
All customers are eligible to opt into the Account Updater feature.
What are the costs?
There is no up-front cost to turn on the Account Updater feature. Once you opt-in, Spreedly will submit all of the cards in your Spreedly vault for updating twice monthly, on the 1st and 15th of every month.
For every card that is updated, you will be charged 18¢. Account Updater costs will be added to your monthly subscription renewal charge. If you exceed your plan usage levels before your renewal date, any pending Account Updater fees will be added to the total cost of your upgrade.
For more information, please view the Account Updater section in our .
How do I enable this feature?
You have the option to add Account Updater to your plan when logged into https://id.spreedly.com. To opt-in, click the "Edit Settings" button on the Organization tab:
Click the toggle to opt-in (it will move from gray to blue) and click "Save".
After you've made the update, Account Updater will appear on your invoice as a line item for $0.00:
Spreedly only charges per card updated. Any charges for Account Updater will appear on your next plan renewal or subscription upgrade, whichever comes first:
Which of my cards will be updated?
If you opt into Account Updater, all of your cards stored with Spreedly will be sent to the card networks for updating. Only Visa, MasterCard, and Discover cards in the USA, Canada and parts of the UK are eligible for updating.
You may not selectively opt into Account Updater on a per-environment basis. By turning on the Account Updater feature, you confirm that all of your cards will be sent to the card brands for updates twice monthly, but you will only be charged for those cards that are actually updated.
What do I need to do once I turn Account Updater on?
Cards are automatically updated by Spreedly in the background and your customers can continue using your service without interruption.
How do I know when my cards are updated?
We will send you an e-mail notification when your cards are sent for updating:
and we will send another e-mail once they have been updated:
Each e-mail will notify you of how many cards were submitted for updating, and, if applicable, how many were updated.
Notifications will be sent to all members of your organization on Spreedly. Please as well as the e-mails of any of your Spreedly account holders to ensure your team is receiving notifications for the Account Updater service.
To track which of your payment methods were affected by Account Updater, use the for the following transaction types:
- ReplacePaymentMethod - The number and/or expiration date has been updated.
- InvalidReplacePaymentMethod - We received either a new card number or expiration date that was invalid. The payment method was not updated, but a fee is still created since Vantiv still charges us in this scenario. No changes are made to the payment method.
- ContactCardHolder - Contact the cardholder for a new number and/or expiration date. No changes are made to payment method.
- ClosePaymentMethod - The account is no longer open and should no longer be used. The payment method will remain available, but Spreedly’s Account Updater will no longer attempt to update it.
Can I leave the Account Updater program?
You may opt-out of the Account Updater program at any time. To do so, log into https://id.spreedly.com, go into your Organization Settings, turn the toggle off, and click "Save". This will remove you from the Account Updater program.
Note that all changes to your Account Updater enrollment status must be made before 12PM EST the day before cards are updated by Spreedly. If you opt-out of Account Updater after this time, your cards will still be updated in the next round of processing, and you will still be charged 18¢ for each updated card.